You know the problem with Christmas dinner?
You only get it once a year.
Sure, you could have a Chrimbo sandwich but that’s cold and covered in bread and is often hastily consumed over your horrible keyboard while desperately filing reports.
But what if we were to say that you could end endless Christmas dinners…for free?
Well, friends, that could be a reality for one festive fan.
Because Toby Carvery is looking to hire a ‘festive meal taster’ to go around and try out all of the Christmas grub.
They’re looking for someone to join their team as an official mystery Christmas Dinner Diner, helping the roast giants to perfect and launch new products across the UK in the run up to 25 December.
And they want the successful candidate to visit as many different venues as many times as they can.
It’s a part-time, non-salaried role but as we say, you get all the Toby Carvery you can eat and drink until 31 December.
What they're looking for in a potential new taster
According to LinkedIn, Toby Carvery want a candidate who fits the following:
- A passionate Christmas dinner lover who can provide honest and objective feedback on different festive food and drink
- Well-honed taste buds, an appreciation for all festive foods and an expert knowledge of what makes a great Christmas dinner. Are you ready to tuck into a Duck & Clementine Marmalade Pâté or a King Prawn & Lobster Cocktail? Can you appreciate a great Four Roast Carvery or Pigs in Blankets?
- A strong team player, who will be able to build relationships and work collaboratively with a team of other tasters and experts
- Provide consistent, informed results and feedback.
- A passion for festive foods and taste buds that match
- An understanding of the UK consumer market
- A firm grasp of the English language
To apply, all you’ve got to do is write a 25-word post on LinkedIn stating why you should get the job.
You can attach videos and pictures if you want and you need to use the hashtag #HireMeToby.
Applications close on Friday 8 December at 11.59am and they’ll let you know if you’re successful.
You can find out more here.